* Do you dare to dream? Or do you think dreams are something only the really brave ones do? Or the extraordinary ones? Or the fools?
Today’s the day we’re staking claim to our dreams. <== Click to Tweet
It’s time to STOP:
Judging your dream.
Looking at her dream.
Pushing down your dreams.
Brushing off your dreams.
Today’s the day to explore your dream. To name it and claim it. If that scares you, that’s okay. Do it anyway.
So what does your dream look like?
- Is it something small and quiet? Something others may not even perceive if it comes true?
- Is it huge and wild? An out-of-the-box idea that will forge a new path for you, for me, and maybe even for the world?
- Is it a daydream? Something that creeps into the shadows as you let your mind wander?
- Is it an idea or vision created in your imagination that does not seem real?
- Is it new? Or something you have wanted very much to do, be, or have for a long time?
Today’s the day to stop denying yourself a good God-sized Dream.
You are worthy. You are chosen. You are called by God Himself to a purpose, a calling, a dream that He has planted only in you. If you don’t know what that is…then today I invite you, I ask you, I dare you to discover your dream. Just take a few little steps. Just start.
Start here and make a note of your answers:
What do you love to do?
What is the secret yearning that you wouldn’t dare share?
What have people always said about you? Asked of you? Appreciated about you?
What is unique, quirky, fun, different about you?
What are your Spiritual Gifts? (If you don’t know, you could take this FREE test here!)
Now give yourself the luxury of a few minutes to dream.
- Get a cup of coffee or tea. Curl up in your cozy chair or lie down for a few minutes on your comfy couch. Grab your favorite throw. Do whatever it takes to relax, to give yourself space and time.
- Take five deep breaths. Breathe in to the count of five and out to the count of seven. Release the tension in your body and the To-Do list, the distractions in your mind.
- Invite God in. He is the author of your dreams. He is the Way of your dreams. He is the One who knows you and loves you more than you can imagine.
- Go for it! Dream…
- What do you want to do?
- Where do you want to be?
- What do you think you were made for?
- If there were no obstacles – no fear, no financial hurdles, no time limits, no impossibilities, no naysayer (inside of you or outside of you) – what is your God-sized Dream?
- Give yourself 10 minutes to think about this (or more if you have the time).
Record your dream.
Get your journal, a notebook, start a folder, have Siri take a note, leave yourself a voice memo. It doesn’t have to be a novel, a few bullet points will do.
Now determine one step you can take toward your dream.
Just one step. That’s it. That’s how you begin.
You are now on your dream journey. Keep taking one achievable step after the next. You’ll face resistance. Your dream may change. Your dream may stall. Keep giving your dream space and time…always bringing it to God in prayer.
Just remember and believe with God by your side, all things are possible! (His Word, not mine)
I invite you to share your dream in the comments. I’d love to pray for you!
* I thought this post might be helpful for this New Year. It first appeared at God-Sized Dreams, where I have the privilege of being a contributing author. Check out the site for lots of dreaming inspiration and encouragement.
Let's Chat! Please leave a comment